Sunday, 5 February 2012

Chubby Highlander - Taster

SUCCESS!!

Tried the Chubby Highlander tonight with SWMBO.
Wow. I've been wanting to brew a beer like this for since AGES ago and I finally have. Will it be brewed again? Oh yes, yes it will be brewed again. Possible this could become the house ale. We'll see how the Pils Wheat or Wheat Pils turns out.

So how does she taste?
Hints of the Cascade citrus flavour in the back of the mouth, Motueka nose and wow, a decent malt back bone to compliment the hops. If SWMBO likes it then I think its a little bit of a winner. Definately moreish and would suit a hot summers day. Very refreshing. Not quite a lawnmower beer, but she's a beaut.

Will I change anything?
Honestly yes. Leaving the malt as is and playing with some other hops would be a great idea. Really want to get my hands on some Nelson Sauvin. The original recipe called for it but I used Motueka instead. Perhaps a Pacifica/Nelson Sauvin. Watch this space for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment